- 1 tbs vegetable oil, divided
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 10 oz tenderloin, sliced thin
- Sesame seeds to garnish (optional)
Maui beef and broccoli sauce:
- 1 cup of The Original Maui Ribs Sauce
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbs cornstarch
- 1 tbs water
- Chicken, Prawns – You can't go wrong with either of these.
- Rice – This dish goes great over a bed of your favorite rice.
- Vegetables – Carrots and Sweet onion make for a nice addition as well as some bean sprouts.
|Combine 1 tbs of cornstarch with 1tbs of water and stir until combined. Bring 1 cup of Original Maui Sauce to a simmer, add red pepper flakes and the sesame oil. Add cornstarch slurry and continue stirring. The sauce should thicken within 1 minute and then set it aside.|
|Heat 1/2 tbs of oil in a large skillet or Wok over medium heat. Add the broccoli florets. Cook until crisp-tender - about 5 minutes. Transfer broccoli to a plate and set aside.|
|Add ½ tablespoon of oil to the same pan. Once its heated, add the sliced tenderloin in an even layer. Cook the beef for 1 to 2 minutes on each side.|
|Time to put the broccoli back in the pan and pour the sauce over it all. Stir and coat the broccoli and steak and you are ready to serve. Enjoy!|