- 450 g of extra firm tofu cut into eight slices
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
- Siracha Sauce to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
Maui Tofu marinade:
- 1/4 cup The Original Maui Sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- Make some Maui Glaze to pour over the top of the dish.
- Combine 1tbs of cornstarch with 1tbs of water and stir until combined. Bring 1 cup of Original Maui Sauce to a simmer and add cornstarch Slurry continue stirring. The sauce Should thicken within 1 minute and then set it aside.
- This dish Goes great with rice and vegetables!
|Preheat the oven to 375 F. Pour the Maui Sauce, rice wine vinegar, maple syrup and sesame oil into a bowl and mix well. Add the tofu slices and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 6 hours|
|Prepare a plate with the toasted sesame seeds. In a small bowl beat the egg. Remove the tofu from the marinade and dip into the egg.|
|Press the tofu slices in the sesame seeds, coat all sides and place on baking sheet. In an oven cook for 20 minutes turning halfway.|