- 1 lb Large Prawns
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced in half
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 small sweet onion
- 1 tbs butter
- 1/2 cup cashews
Maui stir fry sauce:
- 1 cup of The Original Maui Sauce
- 1 tbs cornstarch
- 1 tbs water
- Chicken or Beef – Can be swapped out for the prawns. Cooking times will vary.
- Sesame Oil – substitute for any oil of choice.
- Rice – Any rice of your choice can be cooked separately and makes a great addition to the dish.
- Vegetables – Use any vegetables you'd prefer.
|Combine 1 tbs of cornstarch with 1 tbs of water and stir until combined. Bring 1 cup of Original Maui Sauce to a simmer and add cornstarch slurry, continue stirring. The sauce should thicken within 1 minute and then set it aside.|
|Heat oil in a large skillet or Wok over med-high heat. Add Carrots and Mushrooms to skillet, cooking for 7 mins until carrots soften and mushrooms release juices.|
|Add onion, green pepper and red pepper to the skillet, sautéing another 6 minutes.|
|While the peppers and onions are cooking in a separate pan put 1 tbs of butter and the prawns. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes when pink in color and cooked throughout add them to the veg pan.
Stir in cashews and Original Maui Sauce, then remove from heat. Serve garnished with sesame seeds (optional) and enjoy!